The much anticipated 1.9 release of Elgg has arrived. Read the upgrade instructions, then grab your copy and upgrade today!
With the release of Elgg 1.9, Elgg 1.7 is no longer maintained or supported. Elgg 1.8 will continue to receive security bugfixes, but no new features will be added. It's time to upgrade those old installations and enjoy improved speed, better stability, and fewer bugs!
We'd like the thank the numerous testers, developers, contributors, and everyone who gave feedback during the development of Elgg 1.9. All of you help make Elgg a better project. Thank you.
Before we talk about 1.9, also note that Elgg 1.8.20 was released with the following bugfixes:
- Embed jquery target is now searched for instead of assuming last class.
- System cache again supports regional designators in language codes.
- Use recipient's language in site message notifications.
- Fix Thewire word count JS events tapping.
- Allow custom local scripts to trigger on uncaught exceptions.
Now read on to learn about some of the highlights of Elgg 1.9!