Elgg 1.8.12 has been released with numerous bugfixes and improvements. Keep your Elgg site running smoothly by upgrading today!
A total of 8 developers contributed to this release. Thanks to everyone who submitted pull requests and trac tickets:
- Brett Profitt
- Cash Costello
- Jerome Bakker
- Matt Beckett
- Paweł Sroka
- Steve Clay
- Added an AJAX workaround for the rewrite test.
- Code cleanup to prevent some notices and warnings.
- Removed "original_order" in menu item anchor tags.
- Site menu's selected item correctly persists through content pages.
- Static caches rewritten and improved to prevent stale data being returned.
- Installation: Invalid characters in admin username are handled correctly.
- Messages: Fixed inbox link in email notifications.
- The Wire: Fixed objects not displaying correctly when upgrading from 1.7.
General enhancements include:
- Performance improvements and improved caching in entity loading.
- Added upgrade locking to prevent concurrent upgrade attempts.
- Replaced xml_to_object() and autop() with GPL / MIT-compatible code.
- Error messages (register_error()) only fade after being clicked.
- Groups: Added a sidebar entry to display membership status and a link to group notification settings.
- Groups: Added pending membership and invitation requests to the sidebar.
- Groups: Better redirection for invisible and closed groups.
- Search: User profile fields are searched.
- Pages: Subpages can be reassigned to new parent pages.
- Twitter: Login with twitter supports persistent login and correctly forwards after login.
Of special interest to users who are looking to use Elgg under the MIT license, we have replaced all code that prevented the dual license and will release an MIT version of Elgg 1.8.12 soon. In the future, this will be a single download.