Elgg 1.8.15 has been released with almost 50 bug fixes. We again had participation from a lot of developers so thank you to all of them. You can download the latest version here.
Changes in Twitter Support
Twitter is retiring their 1.0 API. To support their new API, we had to make some changes to our Twitter-related plugins. Here are the key details:
- Dropped support for the twitter widget (the plugin was called twitter).
- Upgraded the twitter_api plugin. We also added some settings and fixed some bugs.
- No longer distributing the oauth_api plugin with Elgg. The library we have been using to talk to Twitter now conflicts with it. You can still download that plugin at our github site.
Twitter is taking more control over how content from their site is displayed on other sites. This has made the twitter widget impossible to update. The twitter_api plugin should continue to work for logging in with your Twitter account and posting to Twitter.
- Fixed the "http://" issue for profiles
- Added a helpful message for those sites that have a configuration error related to multiple URLs mapping to the same site. This was also exposed by fixing a bug in 1.8.14.
- Restoring sub-pages that have been missing after their parent page was deleted (pages plugin).
- Better revision support for pages (pages plugin).
- Adding nofollow to auto linked URLs to discourage spammers (thanks to Hellekin Wolf for pointing that out)
- Added browser caching for languages JS files
- Fixed an out of memory error for long running jobs related to the query cache
- Cash Costello
- Ismayil Khayredinov
- Jeff Tilson
- Juho Jaakkola
- Matt Beckett
- Paweł Sroka
- Steve Clay
- Tom Voorneveld
If you would like to contribute to an Elgg release, fork our repository on Github.